Update your contact information and personal identity number

Image 1 of 1
Trees and house corner at Chalmers

On this page you will find information on how to update your contact information and your temporary personal identity number.

Update your contact information

Update in Ladok

To change your name in Ladok you need to update it via the Swedish Tax Agency. The name will thereafter be updated in Ladok. 

If you need to update your e-mail, address or phone number:

  • Log into Ladok by using your CID (Chalmers ID) or the account (eduID) you used for universityadmissions.se
  • Go to "My Pages - Contact details" to change your contact details

We recommend that you specify that you want to be contacted at an e-mail address that you read regularly.​

Ladok: Study documentation system
Ladok: Study documentation systemLadok for students is your page in Ladok where you can plan your studies.

Update at the Student Union

You also need to update your contact information at the Student Union. You can do that on their membership website:
Student Union membership website

Report a change of address in the population register

If you are moving in order to study at university, you must be registered in the place you are studying. The basic rule is that you must be registered where you live, i.e. where you sleep most nights. 

Detaljer 220603 6010 1920X1080px
Skatteverket (Swedish Population Register)

Use the e-service "Flyttanmälan" to report a change of address quickly and easily. All you need is electronic identifica...

Update name and/or temporary personal identity number

To update your name and/or your temporary personal identity number with your new 12-digit Swedish personal identity number, you should log in to Chalmers Service Portal - Top Desk and fill in the form.