Talk to someone

Image 1 of 1
Two persons walking and talking outside

You may need to talk to someone about how you feel if you have been discriminated against or harassed. Many people who have been subjected to discrimination or other violations suffer as a result and may need support to feel better. If something unpleasant is happening in our work environment, it is important to tell someone about it.

If you first want to talk to someone about what has happened before you decide to report, there are several possibilities.

You can turn to any of these

They can listen to what happened to you, give you advice and, if you wish, help you to submit a report, but they do not have to start an investigation.

If instead you tell someone who is responsible for the work environment about experiences of harassment or victimisation, they should start an investigation. Then it is not possible for you to remain anonymous.

Many people find it unpleasant to report and do not want the other person to know who it is that has said something, but in order for Chalmers to be able to correct problems, we need to be able to act.

You can report verbally to

  • your unit manager, Head of Division or Head of Department
  • your Head of Programme or Deans of Education
  • the Safe at Chalmers investigation team
  • the department/business's HR partner.

Student support

Here you will find information about the student support we offer. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have questions regarding your studies or your health.