Wellbeing during your studies

Image 1 of 1
Students outdoors.

Here, we have compiled information for you if you are a student at Chalmers and need various kinds of health-related help and support.

The student health Feelgood – for a sustainable student life

Welcome to the student health center Feelgood! We support your health and study environment during your time as a student at Chalmers. If you are experiencing stress, anxiety, worry, loneliness or other issues with your mental health or your social situation, do not hesitate to contact us.

Should you experience health problems caused by your studies or study situation, we are here to help. This also includes if your ability to study is impacted in anyway. You are not alone, and don’t wait to reach out – we’ll help you to feel better during your time as a student at Chalmers and help you prepare for the future.

Please note that you do not have to have a health problem to contact us. We work preventively with your health. If you are unsure what causes your illness or unwellness, contact us and we’ll help you out. All visits are free of charge.

In addition, Feelgood may be able to give you some support, but might also refer you to a different care provider for further support. This is to help you receive the best treatment for your health.

Contact a student guidance counsellor if you need help to plan your studies

If you would like help to plan your studies, you should contact the student guidance counsellor for your study programme. Feelgood does not offer help with study guidance.

Contacts for each programme

Each programme has a management team consisting of:A Director of the Master's programmeA Director of studiesA Student guidance counsellor Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Resting rooms at Chalmers

At Chalmers, you have access to four resting rooms. The rooms are only for temporary rest and should not be used for studies or if you get seriously ill. It is easily to locate the rooms with Chalmers Map​s.

Quiet reading rooms

At Chalmers there are a number of quiet reading rooms for you who need to be able to sit quietly while studying. 

It is easily to locate the rooms with Chalmers Maps.

Healthcare services in Sweden

If you have health problems that have not been caused by your study situation, you should contact healthcare services in the healthcare system. On the website 1177.se you will find information about and contact details for healthcare services.
Are you a student in Region Västra Götaland? - 1177 (information in Swedish)

Phone 112 in an emergency

Ring the emergency telephone number 112 in urgent emergency situations where there is danger to life, property or the environment. By phoning 112, you reach all of society’s help resources such as the ambulance service, the poisons information centre, the duty priest, the police, the sea rescue service and the mountain rescue service.
Sweden’s most important telephone number (sosalarm.se)

Counsellor at Chalmers

If you have problems with your emotional wellbeing and you need someone to talk to about your feelings and mental health you can always turn to the counsellor. It is better to take care of your health in time than to wait too long. Many students find themselves in unsustainable situations which is possible to overcome with the right support.

There are two counsellors at Chalmers, you can get in contact with them by sending an e-mail.

  • Katarina Krstevski 
  • Ingegerd Nilsson
Counsellor at Chalmers
Student- and education office, Chalmers operations support

University chaplain

If you need someone to talk to, you are most welcome to book one or more talks with Henrik Wernvik, who is a pastor at the University Church in Gothenburg.

  • Perhaps something unforeseen has occurred that has thrown you off balance.
  • Maybe you need to process and talk about relationships, grief or life choices.
  • Maybe you're struggling with something that could be a relief to someone
    listened to you.

Feel free to contact him to make an appointment for a conversation. As a pastor, he has a duty of confidentiality and does not take notes during the conversations. Henrik has drop-in Mondays at 10:00-12:00 and Fridays at 10:00-12:00 and can always be reached by phone or email.


Henrik Wernvik
University chaplain, University Church in Gothenburg
Additional information

Visiting address: Student Union building, floor 3, next to the lift.