Kinetic modeling in heterogeneous catalysis
- Kurskod: FKBT045
- ECTS-poäng: 7,5
- Institution: KEMI OCH KEMITEKNIK
- Forskarskola: Kemiteknik
- Periodicitet: Spring every second or third year, next occasion Spring 2016
- Undervisningsspråk: Kursen kommer att ges på engelska
The aim is to give an in depth understanding for kinetic modeling for heterogenous catalysis. Kinetic models can be used for:
- Predict the concentrations out from the catalyst
- Get knowledge about the rate determining step
- Get fundamental knowledge about the surface mechanisms
The course includes how to write kinetics, thermodynamic restrictions, determination of parameters, pseudo steady state, rate determining step, deactivation, etc.
There are two parts in the course: lectures and a project. In the project the participants will write their own matlab program for doing kinetic simulations, including thermodynamic restrictions of the parameters, etc.
Active participation in seminars and completed project.
Application is made by sending an email to Louise Olsson.
Associate Professor Louise Olsson, e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +46 31 772 43 90
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Kemivägen 4