We'll meet once a week. Beforehand, we will all read some articles, book chapters, and scientific papers.. When we meet, we will spend some time talking about why did we read this reading. Then, we will open the floor for discussions with some questions about the reading.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The scientific method, and working in groups to push science frontiers.
- The mental and psychological effects of a PhD
- Career prospects of PhD students
- Choosing research problems
- "Failures" and dealing with them
- Creativity as a process
This course is inspired by a course in Berkeley, a reading group at CMU, three books that I read as a PhD student, and a set of lectures by the great Hamming, and Feynman.
Various articles, books, and videos
Ahmed Ali-Eldin Hassan email@example.com