Congratulations on being admitted to Chalmers University of Technology! We look forward to welcoming you to Chalmers and the city of Gothenburg in the end of August, 2020. Now that you have been admitted, there are several things you may need to think about, some of them very practical. This can be your starting point.
Application results announcements
- The official notification of selection results will be published on your personal account at universityadmissions.se (3 April).
- Scholarship results are being emailed to students (from March to the beginning of May). If you have been awarded a scholarship, make sure that you confirm your offer before the deadline.
Webinars for admitted students
We will be conducting a series of pre-departure webinars where you will have the possibility of interacting with various people at Chalmers including our friendly student ambassadors.
- 7 April, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm CEST
- 14 April
- 21 April
An invitation will be sent exclusively to students admitted to Chalmers. We will send the invitation to the email address you used when you applied on universityadmissions.se.
Study in Sweden pre-departure event online for Chinese students
23 April, 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm Chinese time
An invitation with more information and registrations will be sent exclusively to admitted Chinese students.
Study in Sweden webinars for admitted students
- 20 April, 7:00 - 8:00 pm – Pre-departure webinar for Europe/MENA/Africa
- 22 April, 4:00 - 5:00 pm – Pre-departure webinar for the Americas
- 24 April, 2:00 - 3:00 pm – Pre-departure webinar for Asia
- 27 April, 4:00 - 5:00 pm – Residence permit webinar (with Swedish Migration Agency) for Europe-Americas
- 28 April, 2:00 - 3:00 pm – Residence permit webinar (with Swedish Migration Agency) for Asia
An invitation with more information will be sent exclusively to admitted students.
Facebook group for newly admitted students
Join the group Chalmers Admitted 2020
on Facebook. In this group you will meet other admitted students and receive updates and information throughout your journey to Chalmers.
Phone call from a current Chalmerist
We would like to offer you the possibility
of speaking with a Chalmerist (a current student at Chalmers) over a
phone call. This will give you the opportunity to ask questions that
only a student can answer. The phone number that we use for you will be
the number you have registered on your UniversityAdmissions profile. We
will send you an email with information about the call and if you DO NOT
want to receive the phone call please reply to that email. Else, you
can just wait for the phone call.
Prepare your arrival
- Pay the tuition fee (if you are required to do so), deadline is 1 June.
- Update yourself about student housing, how and when to apply for accommodation depending on your student category (Master's, fee paying, non-fee paying, exchange etc). Make sure you follow the recommendations for application.
- Apply for residence permit.
- Plan your coming year by checking dates and times for your academic year. The semester starts on Monday 31 August.
Keep in Touch
- Arrival Day - On Monday 24 August current students (the CIRC phadders) will be at Landvetter airport from 9 am to 8 pm and welcome you to Gothenburg. At the airport you will be given a map over the city and a free ticket for the Airport coaches. The registration for Arrival day is open 4 July - 6 August.
- Welcome and orientation week (24-28 August) Your first days here are important for the start of your studies and for your contacts with fellow students. We will do everything we can to make sure you get on well and feel at home.
- The semester starts on Monday 31 August.
- Register for the courses in your Master's programme from the end of August, deadline for registration is 31 August.
Looking forward to welcoming you here in August!