Newly Admitted Student
Now that you have been admitted, there are several things you may need to think about, some of them very practical. This can be your starting point.
- The official notification of selection results will be published on your personal account at universityadmissions.se (April 4)
- Scholarship results are being emailed to students (March to April, first days of May at the latest)
- Pre-departure activities; Phone call from a current Chalmerist, Pre-departure events in different countries and webinars (April - June)
- Pay the tuition fee (if you are required to do so), deadline is May 17
- Update yourself about student housing, how and when to apply for accommodation depending on your student category (Master's, fee paying, non-fee paying, exchange etc). Make sure you follow the recommendations for application.
- Apply for residence permit
- Contact a current student at Chalmers to learn more about the student life and how it is to study here
- Arrival Day - On Monday August 26 current students (the CIRC phadders) will be at Landvetter airport from 9 am to 8 pm and welcome you to Gothenburg. At the airport you will be given a map over the city and a free ticket for the Airport coaches. The registration for Arrival day is open 4 July - 6 August.
- Welcome and orientation week (26-30 August) Your first days here are important for the start of your studies and for your contacts with fellow students. We will do everything we can to make sure you get on well and feel at home.
- Register for the courses in your Master's programme from the end of August, deadline for registration is 2 September.
- Plan your coming year by checking dates and times for our academic year.