Five reasons to join CSE
- Global Diversity: Our department is truly international, with representatives from over 50 different nationalities. This rich cultural tapestry creates an environment where you can learn from a global perspective, gain exposure to various viewpoints, and collaborate with colleagues from all over the world. Working alongside individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences will expand your horizons and enrich your professional journey.
- International Excellence: We take pride in being a leading center of excellence in computer science and engineering education and research. Our commitment to international collaboration means that you will have the opportunity to engage in projects with global impact. Our faculty members are experts in their fields and will guide you in advancing the frontiers of knowledge and addressing some of the most challenging problems in these domains.
- Diversity as Strength: We believe that diversity is a strength. Our department is a vibrant and inclusive community, valuing individuals from different backgrounds and cultures. This inclusive culture fosters creativity, innovation, and a sense of belonging.
- Career Development: We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. Whether you are just starting your career or seeking opportunities to advance, our department provides the support and resources you need to excel. We offer a conducive environment for you to develop your skills and achieve your professional goals.
- Supportive Environment: We are here to support you every step of the way. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, we encourage open communication. We understand that your success is our success, and we are dedicated to helping you thrive in your role. For all new junior faculty we offer a mentoring program where we help you find an experienced academic mentor to support you with independent advice and guidance.
Interview with assistant professor Rocío Mercado
"One thing that drew me to the department is that CSE are really trying hard to diversify the department"
Two universities - one department
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a joint department between Chalmers and the University of Gothenburg (GU). We have about 80 employees at the University of Gothenburg and about 220 at Chalmers. Either or, you are a part of CSE - an integrated department.
Applying to Join Our Team
- Open positions Chalmers | Open positions GU
We are continuously looking for new talents. Choose Computer Science and Engineering in the list to find our open positions.
- About academic positions
Chalmers’ academic positions are different than public higher education institutions in several respects. Read what it means here.
Benefits and Conditions
- Benefits and conditions Chalmers | Benefits and conditions GU
You will have a great opportunity to influence how you work, what you do and when. We have generous annual leave rules to allow you to recharge your batteries, the opportunity to work remotely and good arrangements for parents, among other benefits. It is important for us that you have a good work/life balance.
Preparing Before You Move
- International staff support Chalmers | International staff support GU
These pages provides you with important and necessary information when starting to plan your move and what you need to do after arriving to Sweden. Below is a checklist of important steps, more details are provided in the linked pages above.
- Register to the Swedish Tax Agency
- Apply for Personal Identity Number
- Apply for Identity card
- Set up bank account
- Register at the Swedish Social Insurance Agency
- Guidance on relocating to Gothenburg
The site "Move to Gothenburg" gives you a wealth of information to help you understand the attractiveness of this region and a lot of practical advice on the actual move here. We also offer a host of tools, events and services to help you along the way
- Finding accommodation
It is necessary to look for own housing. At this page you will find the latest information on housing market and how and where to search for housing in Gothenburg.