The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Area of Advance meets and tackles the large challenges in our time: advancing the research frontier for ICT hardware and software, which can be used to reduce energy consumption in our society, better understand climate change, enable faster and more reliable communication between people and machines, improve security and privacy, and provide better healthcare.
We run research initiatives that span several departments at Chalmers and provide a strategic contact point for our stakeholders. By gathering competencies from many disciplines, and in close cooperation with society and industry, we can achieve solutions to the major challenges of our time. Together we ensure strong community-building, which makes us a desired partner in large projects, where we contribute with solutions for a sustainable future.
If you are looking for partners in the fields of Information and Communication Technology, please contact us to discuss your ideas.
Area of Advance Director
- Head of Division, Communication, Antennas and Optical Networks, Electrical Engineering
Area of Advance Co-Director
- Associate Professor, Data Science and AI, Computer Science and Engineering
Project Leader External Collaborations and Area of Advance Coordinator
- Coordinator, Management and General University Support, Chalmers Operations Support
- Communications Officer, Communications division, Chalmers Operations Support
- Financial Officer, Office of Planning, Analysis and Finance, Chalmers Operations Support
Stay up to date with the ICT research at Chalmers. Follow us and we will keep you in the loop.
The ICT Area of Advance is host of two of Chalmers’ strategic partnerships. The partnerships promote long-standing collaborations between Chalmers, industry, and organisations, through research, competence provisioning, technology development and innovation. As the partnerships entail collaboration between top level managements, the partners can address joint priorities and form common agendas.