Research-related contacts

Image 1 of 1
Decorative image of a facade

A large part of Chalmers’ research is conducted as collaborative research, which means that the research is carried out in collaboration with companies, public organisations, or other higher education institutions. In such projects, the partners contribute resources in the form of funding, materials, and knowledge.

Information about our research projects and organisations with which we collaborate is available in Chalmers Research database. Find research projects and collaborators.

Collaborative research can also take place through:

  • staff exchanges, adjunct professors, and industrial doctoral students
  • membership of research centres
  • exchange of knowledge in seminars
  • commissioned research
  • collaboration in research infrastructures and labs.

Across traditional disciplinary boundaries via the Areas of Advance

Our Areas of Advance enable us to bring together expertise from across our departments to tackle complex global societal challenges with other parties in society. If you are looking for collaboration in the fields of energy, transport, information and communication technologies, nano, production, health engineering or materials science, please contact our Areas of Advance for further discussion.

Centres – research in collaboration

We have many centres that bring together expertise within Chalmers, often in collaboration with other higher education institutions and/or the business community.


Overview of our research centres.

Via the departments

To contact a department, you can either contact individual researchers directly or via the Assistant Head of Utilisation at the department in question.