Startdatum och periodicitet för kurser kan variera. Se detaljer för respektive kurs för aktuell information. För anmälan, kontakta respektive kursansvarig.
Advanced Concrete Engineering
- Kurskod: FBOM110
- ECTS-poäng: 7,5
- Institution: ARKITEKTUR OCH SAMHÄLLSBYGGNADSTEKNIK
- Forskarskola: Bygg- och miljöteknik
- Periodicitet: Spring 2019
- Undervisningsspråk: Kursen kommer att ges på engelska
Advanced concrete engineering deals with
structural materials, components, connections, structural systems and special
applications of reinforced and prestressed concrete. Issues related to
different phases are treated such as conceptual design, design and detailing,
production, operation and assessment. The course content is complementary to
education about concrete structures at undergraduate and master¿s levels. The
content of the course can be described with the following main areas:
- material behaviour, mechanics and modelling of various types of
concrete, reinforcement and prestressing units,
- behaviour, modelling, design and detailing of components and
connections in concrete structures,
- design issues, problems and solutions in modern types of structural
- development of solutions with regard to efficient use of resources
and sustainability during production and operation.
The aim of the course is to promote development of a
deeper understanding of reinforced and prestressed concrete, and to widen the
knowledge of various modern applications and current design issues.
After the course the participant should
be able to
- describe the field of concrete engineering, its challenges and
- take part in teaching,
- solve various problems in concrete engineering, development and
- relate the own research topic or development work to the field of
Recommended basis for the course is
master¿s level in Structural engineering. The course should be of interest for
- graduate students, teachers and researchers in structural
engineering and concrete science,
- practicing structural engineers wanting to specialise in concrete
The course will have a total duration of
about three months and will be given in three concentrated blocks. The course
will be given during the spring 2019. The literature is in English. In the case
of non-Swedish participants the lectures will be given in English. The detailed
course plan will be developed in interaction with the participants.
course is a part of the course program in the National graduate school in
Structural engineering within ¿Sveriges Bygguniversitet¿. The course venues
will be at Chalmers in Göteborg and at LTU in Luleå.
Karin Lundgren and Mario Plos from Chalmers and Mats Emborg, Jan-Erik Jonasson and Martin C Nilsson from LTU. Teachers from other universities can be: Anders Ansell and Johan Silfwerbrand from KTH and Miklos Molnar from LTH.
Swedish gradate school in Structural Engineering
Contact: Mario Plos, email@example.com