Gothenburg Physics Centre
The Gothenburg Physics Centre (GPC) coordinates cooperation between four departments: Physics, Space, Earth and Environment, Microtechnology and Nanoscience at Chalmers University of Technology, and Physics at the University of Gothenburg.
Our overreaching aim is to promote the subject of physics in Gothenburg by a wide variety of initiatives:
• Sharing information about courses, seminars, visits, open positions, grants, prizes and other activities at the different departments.
• A common series of general physics colloquia to give all Gothenburg physicists the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of physics.
• Cooperation on issues related to undergraduate teaching, to ensure that teachers, classrooms and other resources are used as efficiently as possible.
• Cooperation on Masters programs, to provide students with backgrounds from different Bachelor programs, both in Gothenburg and elsewhere, a wide choice of high quality programs to choose from.
• Cooperation on issues related to graduate level admissions and education.
• Participation in the Gothenburg Science Festival and other outreach activities for high school students and the general public.
• Participation in the organization of the Swedish physics olympiads.
• Awarding the Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award, an annual award for outstanding contributions by an internationally leading physicist.
• Supporting the association of physics graduate students.
• Social activites to promote networking between teachers and students.
Meet some of the prominent researchers who are part of Gothenburg's physics community.
The Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award is awarded by the Gothenburg Physics Centre to a scientist who has made a breakthrough...