Our overreaching aim is to promote the subject of physics in Gothenburg by a wide variety of initiatives:
• Sharing information about courses, seminars, visits, open positions, grants, prizes and other activities at the different departments.
• A common series of general physics colloquia to give all Gothenburg physicists the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of physics.
• Cooperation on issues related to undergraduate teaching, to ensure that teachers, classrooms and other resources are used as efficiently as possible.
• Cooperation on Masters programs, to provide students with backgrounds from different Bachelor programs, both in Gothenburg and elsewhere, a wide choice of high quality programs to choose from.
• Cooperation on issues related to graduate level admissions and education.
• Participation in the Gothenburg Science Festival and other outreach activities for high school students and the general public.
• Participation in the organization of the Swedish physics olympiads.
• Awarding the Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award, an annual award for outstanding contributions by an internationally leading physicist.
• Supporting the association of physics graduate students.
• Social activites to promote networking between teachers and students.
The Gothenburg Lise Meitner Award is awarded by the Gothenburg Physics Centre to a scientist who has made a breakthrough...