The 2014 Materials for Tomorrow conference at Chalmers had two tracks: Materials for Energy Applications and Sports Technology. A number of invited speakers from academia and industry, both from Europe and the US, contributed.
Download program here (Pdf). [Updated Oct 29]
Download abstracts for
- Molecular Frontiers Symposium
- Materials for Energy Applications session
- Sports Technology session
Like last year, an exhibition outside the lecture hall showed how materials science affects our daily lives. The exhibition was visited by more than 1000 school students.
This year, the conference was co-organized with Molecular Frontiers Foundation, a global effort aiming to:
- Raise the public appreciation of molecular science
- Stimulate an interest in science in young people
- Connect eminent molecular scientists around matters of global significance
The first day of the conference, Nov 4, was thus a Molecular Frontiers Symposium, featuring plenary lectures and a panel debate, on the topic of sustainable energy solutions for the future. For this event, the conference hall was filled not only with scientists, but also with a large number of high school students, who were given the opportunity to ask questions. To get an idea of how it works, please see www.molecularfrontiers.org