Sustainable vehicle technology
Sustainable transport systems require the development of energy-efficient vehicle concepts and propulsion systems using renewable energy sources.
We focus on research and innovation in three areas: propulsion systems, vehicle design and sustainability assessment. This is to avoid harmful impacts on climate, health and the environment in all modes of transport.
Road traffic safety
Road traffic safety includes preventive measures and measures to mitigate the consequences of accidents, in pursuit of a sustainable society.
Our research is based on a better understanding of real traffic environments and behaviour through data collection and analysis. This forms the basis for research into methods and technologies for accident avoidance, injury prevention systems and safety for a multimodal, connected transport system.
Transport and logistics
Efficient, sustainable transport and logistics systems contribute to a sustainable society.
Our research is based on societal challenges and the interaction between actors and different subsystems, including individual mobility, business logistics systems and supply chains. The relationship between transport efficiency and the environmental impact of different solutions also guides the research.
Departments conducting transport related research
- Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial and Materials Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanics and Maritime Sciences
- Microtechnology and Nanoscience
- Space, Earth and Environment
- Technology Management and Economics
Our research infrastructure for transport
- Chalmers Laboratory of Fluids and Thermal Science
- Seel, Swedish Electric Transport Laboratory
- Revere, Resource for Vehicle Research
Our centres in transport
- Charmec, railway Mechanics Centre
- Lighthouse, maritime competence centre
- Northern Lead, logistics centre
- Safer, vehicle and traffic safety centre
- Teknologier och innovationer för en framtida grön vätgasekonomi, Tech4H2