Artificial intelligence at Chalmers: present and future
At this seminar, we provide
insights into some of the ongoing and planned initiatives at Chalmers in
the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI), and discuss how they relate
to other activities in the region and in Sweden.
Above you can access the seminar in whole, and below you will find direct links to the specific parts of the program.
- Chalmers president Stefan Bengtsson opens the seminar with some introductory remarks.
- The ICT Area of Advance management, Director Ivica Crnkovic and Co-Director Giuseppe Durisi,
talks about the visions for a new centre in AI at Chalmers (Chalmers
Artificial Intelligence Research Centre – CHAIR) and provides an update
on the status of this initiative.
- Jan Smith will talk about the plans for a national initiative for education in AI. Richard Johansson briefly presents the new master’s programme in Data Science at Chalmers.
- David Sands, Holger Rootzen, Rebecka Jörnsten and Dag Wedelin provide an overview of some of the current activities within the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software program, WASP.
- Maria Hedlund, acting CEO of Lindholmen Science
Park will provide an update on the current discussion about creating an
AI Arena at Lindholmen.
- Panel on the current research challenges within AI. Panelists: Erik Rosén (Zenuity), Devdatt Dubhashi (Chalmers, CSE), Rebecka Jörnsten (Chalmers, MV), Lennart Svensson (Chalmers, E2), Robert Feldt (Chalmers, CSE).
The seminar was held on Wednesday 20 June 2018.