Welcome to the Grand Opening of The Materials Processing Laboratory, the arena that completes the launch of Chalmers Innovation Labs within production.
The Materials Processing Laboratory is located in the same building as you find the departments of Materials and Manufacturing Technology, Product and Production Development and Applied Mechanics at Chalmers. It is also situated right next door to the Production Systems Laboratory and the Virtual Development Laboratory. This area is now a hub for production related research at Chalmers.
“The Materials Processing Laboratory offers numerous opportunities both for our industrial partners and ourselves”, explains Lars Nyborg, professor and profile leader within Production Area of Advance. “Here, we develop solutions that are primarily geared to the growing needs of industries and science. The laboratory provides even better demonstration facilities to help our researchers experience daily operation as realistically as possible. In addition, we offer education and training to students in our facilities. Our goal has been to create an inspiring atmosphere for our team in which they can develop new methods and technologies with sustainable solutions in focus.” says Nyborg.
The research in the Materials Processing Laboratory is focused on metal cutting, polymer processing and powder metallurgical processing. The reopening date is set to October 3, 2013, with an afternoon full of challenging speeches and a complete set of live demonstrations in the lab.
Date: October 3, 2013
Location: Entrance via Chalmers Tvärgata 4-6, Chalmers Campus Johanneberg
12:45 Registration and coffee (in Virtual Development Laboratory)
13:15 Welcome spech and inauguration
14:00 - 16:00 Demonstrations in the Materials Processing Laboratory
- Material properties characterization of "super good" metallic alloys /Christer Persson & Joel Andersson
- Green Polymers /Ruth Arino
- Powder Metallurgy /Eduard Hryha
- Productivity management - Turning potentials to profit /Peter Almström
- Material Characterization of cast iron components using ultrasonic NDT /Kenneth Hamberg
- Process Optimization by means of Finite Element Method /Amir Malakizadi
- Production of nanomaterials by pulse-electrodeposition /Uta Klement
- IqNDE - Integrity and quality assessment by NDE /Anders Rosell
- High resolution digital X-ray inspection of thick objects /Erik Lindgren
- The main factors for controlling the fillet weld dimensions /Peter Hammersberg
- Studying the near surface Iron-Chromium Carbide Morphology after Machining /Seyed Hosseini
- Microstructure <----> Machinability /Kumar Babu Surreddi
- Extrusion of thermoplastic stripes /Erik Stenvall
- Influence of work material microstructure on machinability /Stefan Cedergren
16:00 Buffet and mingle
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.