The Life Science Engineering Area of Advance is committed to supporting new, excellent, high-risk interdisciplinary research projects, or promising utilization projects, carried out in collaboration between two or more Chalmers faculty members. The projects should address a scientific question relevant for life science engineering, and fall within the area of one of our research profiles: Bioeconomy, Molecular Bioengineering or Biomedical Engineering.
The attributed grant amount is 500 k SEK, and the duration is 12 months. There will be a total of four seed grants awarded for 2017.
The application should be sent by e-mail Karolina Partheen
(click on her name to e-mail) as a single PDF file. The application file should contain
1) A maximum of two pages with description of the project, free style, but clearly explaining:
• scientific objective(s) of the project
• interdisciplinary and collaborative dimension of the project (collaborations between different departments will be prioritized)
• expected measurable outcomes (research paper(s), joint applications for external funding, results needed for further collaboration, etc.)
• if relevant, coupling to any complementary funding, e.g. from another AoA, department, external (co-funded applications will be prioritized)
• brief budget justification
• contact person name and e-mail address
2) Short CV:s (one page) for each co-applicant, free style, but specifying the total number of peer reviewed publications and the H-index. If relevant for the particular research field, additional bibliometric indicators can be provided.Timeline:
• Applications should be sent by e-mail to Karolina Partheen
, no later than October 2, 2016.
• After evaluation and ranking, the applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of November.
• The projects will start (receive funding) from January 1, 2017.
• The project outcome shall be reported to the Area of Advance Director by January 31, 2018 (single page document, free style).
For any clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us (click on names to e-mail): Ivan Mijakovic
, Director, or Ann-Sofie Cans
, Co-director. If you have exciting ideas but do not know a suitable partner at Chalmers, please let us know – maybe we can help.