NOTE: This seminar is postponed due to the current Corona outbreak. We will communicate a new date later.
In recent years, battery electric vehicles have been considered not only for cars, but for many types of road vehicles. Analysis from a system perspective has revealed several insights about which vehicles are especially suitable to be battery electric, and it also shows how to size batteries and which chargers are needed to reach a low total cost. Some of the results goes against some conventional wisdom, for example:
• Many heavy commercial battery electric vehicles will have lower cost than today’s diesel vehicles.
• Battery driven long haul trucks are as cost effective as battery trucks for short ranges.
• Public ultra-fast charging is no more expensive than slow charging.
• It is a good idea to pay 10 SEK/kWh for charging (…sometimes).
• Batteries are just as suitable for really large vehicles as for small vehicles (heavy trucks, mining trucks, ferries).
• The cost for the building new electric distribution grid is negligible.
Welcome to this lunch seminar! A free vegetarian lunch will be served. Please note that this seminar is for employees at Chalmers and GU, but not intended for students.
Chalmers teknikpark, office building, Sven Hultins Gata 9C, Campus Johanneberg
28 April, 2020, 12:00
28 April, 2020, 14:00