- Apply for a Master's programme
Scholarship applications will be processed when the corresponding online application for Master's programmes at universityadmissions.se has been completed, including having submitted all the required documentation verifying your eligibility and having paid the application fee. Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master's programmes applied for will finally be considered for a scholarship.
How to apply to a master's programme
- Rank the programmes
The ranking of the Master's programmes that you applied for is crucial for the assessment of your scholarship application.To maximize your chances of being offered a scholarship from Chalmers you should select a Master's programme at Chalmers as your number one (1) priority. In the application it is possible to add a total of four (4) choices. The Master's programme you prefer should be added as your number one (1) alternative.
Ranking of master's programmes
- Read the scholarship requirements
Read the requirements for each of the scholarships thoroughly before submitting your application.
We encourage you to apply for scholarships as soon as possible, since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early you submit the application and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, prior to your scholarship application you must first make an online application to at least one of the Master’s programmes offered by Chalmers, at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). You will be assigned an 8 digit application number (at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the scholarship application.
Additional data is required by Chalmers when applying for:
- Sievert Larsson Scholarship (open for Thai citizens only).
- Volvo Group scholarship (open to Indian and Chinese citizens only).
The scholarship application form
- Make sure to have your 8 digit application number at hand (from your account/application at universityadmissions.se).
- Make sure to use the same e-mail address as the one you registered in your account on universityadmissions.se.
- Please note that the electronic application form is used only for the scholarships administrated and awarded by Chalmers. You may apply for multiple scholarships, provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled.
- All submitted data must be verifiable against the documents submitted as part of your master's programme application on universityadmissions.se.
- The verification code will be sent to your e-mail within a few minutes. If not, check your junk e-mail.
- You can make changes to yout scholarship application up until the application deadline. After the deadline, the scholarship portal is closed and your application cannot be changed.
Please note: Your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not pay the application fee or do not upload all required documents on your account on universityadmissions.se by the deadline. Key dates are accessible via the link at the bottom of this page.
Notification and mandatory confirmation of awarded scholarships
The scholarship awardees will receive the offer between March and the beginning of May.
Chalmers admissions (scholarship committee) cannot give any preliminary notifications regardless of whether a scholarship applicant will be offered a scholarship or not. However, all applicants for scholarships administrated by Chalmers will be notified when the selection is completed.
If you receive an offer, you have to confirm that you accept the scholarship offer by the deadline specified in the notification.
Scholarships for fee-paying students
Scholarships are a great source of funding for master's students who are liable to pay tuition fees. Some of these are a...
Key dates for master's studies
This is an overview of important dates throughout the application process, up to the beginning of your master’s studies....