Late applications can be made to Master’s programmes that are open for applications after the general deadline (15th of January).
List of programmes that are open for late applications
The conditions for late applications are outlined below.
Information about applying after the deadline at universityadmissions.seInformation about re-applying to courses and programmes at universityadmissions.se
- If you make an application after the general deadline (15th of January).
- If you upload documentation after the deadline for receipt of supporting documentation (1st of February)
- If you have made changes to your programme ranking after the general deadline (15th of January)
- If you choose to re-apply to a programme that has been deleted from your application.
The conditions for making a late application
- Chalmers does not guarantee processing of applications submitted after the general deadline.
- Late applications will only be processed if time permits and if there are still study places available for the correct category* on the programme.
- Paying the application fee (900 SEK) does not guarantee processing of your application.
- The Admission Regulations at Chalmers stipulates that all eligible on time applicants will be prioritised to eligible applicants who submit their application after the general deadline.
- If you make a late application, you cannot apply for the scholarships offered by Chalmers.
- Eligible applicants who have made a late application will be offered study places in the order that their applications were completed (in order of that date), until all study places are filled.
- Only an application that is complete before the programme closes for late applications can be considered.
- A re-application is also a late application
- A complete application is defined as one with all the supporting documents having been uploaded or having reached the postal address of University Admissions in Sweden, and those documents must prove that the applicant fulfils all entry requirements, both general and specific.
- Some of the Master's programmes offered by Chalmers have stayed open after the general deadline over the past years. There will be no decision beforehand regarding whether the same possibility will be granted in the years to come. You can easily find out which programmes that are open. The presence of an add-button on UniversityAdmissions.se indicates that the programme is open for a late application.
- The number of study places at Chalmers is limited and there are two different categories of applicants: fee paying and non-fee-paying applicants. If/When the available study places from one or the other category is filled, these programmes might close for applicants from one of the two categories, and stay open for the other.