A late application is possible if the Master’s programme re-open. Check the Key dates for the current year. At this date the available programmes will appear with an active add-button at universityadmissions.se (or antagning.se).
The conditions for making a late application
- Only complete applications are processed. Supporting documentation (academic merits etc) must be available at your account when you submit a late application.* and ***
- A late application does not subject to additional time to submit supporting documentation. The application date can therefore be changed/moved ahead, to the date the documents that are required for the application or other mandatory documents are submitted (a complete application). ***
- Late applications are processed only if time permits (admissions resources) and if there are available study places. **
- Paying the application fee (900 SEK) does not guarantee processing of your application. ***
- The Admission Regulations at Chalmers stipulates that all eligible on time applicants will be prioritised to eligible applicants who submit their application after the general deadline.
- If you make a late application, you cannot apply for the scholarships offered by Chalmers.
- Eligible applicants will be offered study places in chronological order.
- Supporting documentation (academic merits etc) up-loaded or received after the alternative closed for application cannot be considered. * and ***
*) A complete application is defined as one with all the supporting documents having been uploaded or having reached the postal address of University Admissions in Sweden, and those documents must prove that the applicant fulfills all entry requirements, both general and specific.
**) The number of study places at Chalmers is limited. Fee-paying applicants and non-fee-paying applicants are administered separately. Therefore one category may be rejected on the basis of lack of study places in one category, even when an alternative is open for late application.
***) An application that is submitted on-time but was not completed on-time will be rejected. The applicant may re-apply to the same alternative (if it will re-open for late applications) and it will then change to the status of a "late application".
This applies when the applicant submits documents that are mandatory for the assessment of the general and specific prerequisites after the deadline for supporting documents.
If the alternative is open for a late application, but the re-apply button is unavailable, it is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Chalmers Admissions for assistance.
The possibility to change to a late application requires that the programme is currently open for late applications. The principle also applies if the application fee is paid after the deadline of supporting documentation in the ordinary selection round.