A late application is possible if the Master’s programme re-open. Check the Key dates for the current year. At this date the available programmes will appear with an active add-button at universityadmissions.se (or antagning.se).
Late applications for 2022 are closed
Master's programmes that are open for late application (closed for 2022)
The conditions for making a late application
- Only complete applications are processed. Supporting documentation (academic merits etc) must be up-loaded the same date or already available at your account when you submit a late application.* and ***
- A late application does not subject to additional time to submit supporting documentation. The deadline in this application round does not apply to supporting documentation.
- The application date can be changed/moved ahead, to the date the mandatory documents are submitted (the application can be considered complete*). The applicant must contact Chalmers admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org if additional documents are added at a later date than the late application was submitted. The change/moving of the application date will not occur automatically. If the application was not completed the same date as the alternative was added to the application it will be rejected unless the applicants notifies Chalmers admissions prior to the deadline for the application period. ***
- Late applications are processed only if time permits (admissions resources) and if there are available study places. **
- Paying the application fee (900 SEK) does not guarantee processing of your application. ***
- The Admission Regulations at Chalmers stipulates that all eligible on time applicants will be prioritised to eligible applicants who submit their application after the general deadline.
- You cannot apply for the scholarships offered by Chalmers, when you submit a late application.
- Eligible applicants will be offered study places in chronological order.
- Supporting documentation (academic merits etc.) up-loaded or received after the alternative closed for application cannot be considered. * and ***
*) A complete application is defined as one with all the supporting documents having been uploaded or having reached the postal address of University Admissions in Sweden, and those documents must prove that the applicant fulfills all entry requirements, both general and specific. The date for application and last day for the complete set of supporting documentation is the same, no additional time (days) applies.
**) The number of study places at Chalmers is limited. Fee-paying applicants and non-fee-paying applicants are administered separately. Therefore one category may be rejected on the basis of lack of study places in one category, even when an alternative is open for late application.
***) An application that is submitted on-time but was not completed on-time will be rejected.
The applicant may re-apply to the same alternative (if it will re-open for late applications) and it will then change to the status of a "late application".
This applies when the applicant submits documents that are mandatory for the assessment of the general and specific prerequisites after the deadline for supporting documents.
If the alternative is open for a late application, but the re-apply button is unavailable, it is the applicant’s responsibility to contact Chalmers Admissions for assistance.
The possibility to change to a late application requires that the programme is currently open for late applications. The principle also applies if the application fee is paid after the deadline of supporting documentation in the ordinary selection round.