A late application is possible when a Master’s programme remains open after the general deadline (15 January). There will be no decision beforehand regarding which programmes will be open and for how long. You can easily find out which programmes are available, the presence of an add-button on UniversityAdmissions.se (or antagning.se) indicates that the programme is open for a late application.
Information about applying after the deadline at universityadmissions.seInformation about re-applying to courses and programmes at universityadmissions.se
The conditions for making a late application
- Only complete applications are processed. Supporting documentation (academic merits etc) must be available at your account when you submit a late application.*
- Chalmers admissions does not guarantee processing of applications submitted after the general deadline.
- It will only be processed if time permits and if there are still study places available for the correct category** on the programme.
- Paying the application fee (900 SEK) does not guarantee processing of your application.
- The Admission Regulations at Chalmers stipulates that all eligible on time applicants will be prioritised to eligible applicants who submit their application after the general deadline.
- If you make a late application, you cannot apply for the scholarships offered by Chalmers.
- Eligible applicants will be offered study places in cronological order.
- Supporting documentation (academic merits etc) up-loaded or received after the programme closed for application cannot be considered.
*) A complete application is defined as one with all the supporting documents having been uploaded or having reached the postal address of University Admissions in Sweden, and those documents must prove that the applicant fulfils all entry requirements, both general and specific.
**) The number of study places at Chalmers is limited and there are two different categories of applicants: fee paying and non-fee-paying applicants. If/When the available study places from one or the other category is filled, these programmes might close for applicants from one of the two categories, and stay open for the other.