This page is primarily for persons interested in joining the research school.
What are offered to PhD students?
• PhD courses designed according to the PhD students' areas of interest in health and technology.
• Expert seminars and short specialist courses led by national and international experts within the fields of the PhD students interests.
• Coverage of costs for conference trips, 20.000 per student.
• Support for dual-degree registration. (NOTE, this must be arranged before PhD enrolment and approved by the supervisors.)
• Annual networking events.
• A broad network of multi-disciplinary researchers in the fields of health and engineering at both Chalmers and Sahlgrenska Academy.
After graduating from the school the student will:
• Be able to identify and address health challenges and specific issues in healthcare that require advanced technical solutions.
• Have unique and extensive knowledge of health and medicine, the healthcare environment, and how to drive innovation within the healthcare organization.
What are offered to supervisors?
• For Chalmers-based reseachers that require competence and expertise from health researchers and/or practitioners at Sahlgrenska Acacemy help in finding the right person(s) to include in a future supervisory team is offered.
• For SA-based health-related researchers that require competence and expertise from technical researchers at Chalmers, help in finding the right person(s) to include in a future supervisory team is offered.
Requirements for admission to GRSHE:
• PhD students involved in a research project within health/medicine and technology and with connections to both Chalmers and GU (SA or SU in specific).
• To have a co-supervisor from the “other” university. The research school can help in finding the right person.
Commitment for students involved in the research school:
• Take the seminar course, one time, that the research school arranges every year.
• Participate in annual networking events.
How to apply:
• For planned doctoral projects: send a brief (half A4 page) project description (abstract style) and the supervisory team's names and full affiliations as well as the recruitment process stage (i.e., funding applied/granted, call for candidates published, candidates interviewed, selection process complete, employment started) to email@example.com
and include the rest of the supervisory team in cc.
NOTE: It is possible to apply to the research school even if you do not have supervisors from both universities. The research school will help to find the right person in cases where it is missing.