Photo: Andra C Taylor Jr, Unsplash.
IPCC – Where are we in the transitions?
Welcome to a webinar organized by Chalmers University of Technology.
When: 17 May 2022, at 12:00-13:30. Place: Online. Platform Zoom. Last day to register 10 May.
IPCC Sixth Assessment Working Group III report on Climate Mitigation:
Where are we in the transitions?
Several of the researchers who contributed to the report will take part in the webinar.
IPCC WG3 seminar. IPCC released its Sixth Assessment Working Group III Report April 4, 2022.
This seminar aims to provide a review on some of the chapters of the IPCC AR6 WGIII report, and take a critical reflection of the report. What does the IPCC say about climate mitigation? What can we learn from IPCC-AR6 WGIII report? Are there any gaps in the IPCC-AR6 report that have not been addressed? How role does IPCC report play in the societal debate regarding what actions we should take?
- Moderator: Maria Grahn, Associate professor in Energy Systems Analysis., Chalmers University of Technology
Speakers (and the chapters they are responsible for):
IPCC, The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
Register to the webinar
- Joana Portugal Pereira, Assistant professor, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Overview of WGIII, Summary to Policymakers and Chapter 4. Mitigation and development pathways in the near-to mid-term.
- Felix Creutzig, Professor, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change & TUB Berlin, (Chapter 5. Demand, services and social aspects of mitigation).
- Sonia Yeh, Professor of energy and transport systems, Chalmers University of Technology (Chapter 10. Transport in the subchapter “Scenarios from Integrated, Sectoral and Regional Models”).
- Fredric Bauer, Associate Senior Lecturer in Technology and Society, Lund University (Chapter 11. Industry).
- Oliver Geden, Senior fellow, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP), Assessment of carbon dioxide removal across WGIII.
- Tomas Kåberger, professor in Industrial Energy Policy, Director of AoA Energy. What role does the IPCC report play in the industry, authorities and other societal debates?
- Panel discussion. Moderator: Maria Grahn.
Public lecture; Seminar
Online, platform Zoom.
17 May, 2022, 12:00
17 May, 2022, 13:30