Chalmers has the most positive media image among Swedish universities, according to Kantar Sifo, and together with KTH, is the most well-known university in the country. This is an important reason as to why Chalmers sits at the top. However, essentially the most important element is always to have a well-functioning organisation, according to Kantar Sifo.
According to the survey, the foundation of the general public’s high opinion is that Chalmers is seen to:
• Maintain high international quality
• Be successful
• Perform well in competition with other universities
• Deliver high student satisfaction
• Have strong connections between education and research
• Invest in renewal and development for the benefit of the students
• Play an important role in societal developments
• Be credible in the media
Generally, those universities with the highest reputation in Sweden are the research-heavy technical ones, as well as the older institutions. After Chalmers, (87), KTH (82), and Lund University (82), this year’s next highest are Uppsala University (80) and the Faculty of Engineering, Lund University (LTH) (78).
This year’s reputation index was carried out through a web survey answered by over 4000 people. 22 Swedish universities were included. 456 people were aware of and expressed detailed opinion about Chalmers.
Text: Christian Borg