Summary of the program
Day 1 featured about 45 posters and 21 lectern presentations of frontier research developed by researchers from more than 20 different countries in sessions relating to the following topics:
- Urban Comodality
- Equity in urban logistics
- Stakeholders engagement
- Sustainable urban planning
- User-centric last mile urban logistics
- New technologies in urban logistics
Day 2 and 3 looked into opportunities and challenges ahead, during these days invited presentations, workshops, panels and break-out sessions discussed how to strengthen the links between research and implementation.
Some of the key topics of these 2 days are:
- New ways to manage urban space for freight transport and logistics
- Better kerbside management - solving conflicts and recent developments
- Service trips: What do we know and how can we find out more?
- Urban freight and issues of equity, justice and accessibility
- Using visualisation and storytelling in urban freight transport research
- Freight and urban planning in times of dramatic change
- Future developments in urban freight transport
- Urban logistics and the circular economy
- New business models in the face of new needs and challenges
- From research to implementation in urban freight transport - key developments and the way ahead
- Questions of governance related to urban freight transport and logistics
- Hubs and consolidation opportunities: Where next and who is leading?
- Improving event logistics as part of sustainable urban freight (event logistics includes deliveries related to exhibitions, concerts, sporting events etc.
The conference featured a wide range of confirmed and invited speakers and workshop/break-out session leaders/facilitators.
Material from the conference
Presentations and posters from the conference can be found in this Google Drive folder.
Abstracts - coming soon
The Urban Freight Platform (UFP) is an initiative supported by Volvo Research and Educational Foundations (VREF) on urban freight research based in Gothenburg, Sweden. The UFP works as a facilitator of academic research on urban freight within the context of the logistics competence centre Northern LEAD at the University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology.