About Northern LEAD
NORTHERN LEAD is a logistics competence centre formed by the University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology in co-operation with the Logistics and Transport Society LTS. Northern LEAD is based on five core research groups and associated professors from different disciplines. Currently the core research groups consist of 14 professors, and around 70 researchers and PhD students.
The centre works as a facilitator and disseminator of high quality logistics research. It supports logistics collaboration and development by connecting academics, companies, authorities and other organisations. The work is based on strong research groups from different disciplines that cooperate on a common research platform enabling an intensive and innovative collaboration between academia, industry and society.
The research centre will contribute to a positive logistics development which will give companies competitive advantages and benefit the society. The focus of this development is the establishment of sustainable, efficient and effective logistics systems.
Northern LEAD should be an internationally recognized logistics and transport research and development node positioned at the international research frontier.
Management and organisation
The work in the centre is lead by a team consisting of two Co-Directors, one from Chalmers and one from University of Gothenburg. The organisation of the centre also includes a steering group and a research council.
The steering group consists of representatives of the industry and the three founders of the centre, University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology, in co-operation with the Logistics and Transport Society LTS.
- Joakim Björkdahl, Chalmers
- Johan Woxenius, University of Gothenburg
- Peter Bryntesson, Fordonskomponentgruppen
- Emelie Wramsby, Schenker
- Kajsa Hulthén, Chalmers
- Violeta Roso, Chalmers
- Marta Gonzales Aregall, University of Gothenburg
- Elisabeth Karlsson, University of Gothenburg
- Ivan Sanchez-Diaz, Chalmers
The research council consists of representatives from the core research groups that constitutes the competence centre. The core research groups are represented by:
- Anna Dubois, Professor, Division of Supply and Operations Management, Chalmers
- Árni Halldórsson, Professor, Division of Service Management and Logistics, Chalmers
- Johan Woxenius, Professor, Logistics and Transport Economics, University of Gothenburg
- Jonas Flodén, Senior lecturer, Logistics and Transport Economics, University of Gothenburg
- Mats Johansson, Professor, Division of Supply and Operations Management, Chalmers
- Michael Patriksson, Professor, Applied Mathematics, Chalmers and University of Gothenburg
- Patrik Jonsson, Professor, Division of Supply and Operations Management, Chalmers
- Michael Brown, Professor, Logistics and Transport Economics, University of Gothenburg