NanoSIMS 50L in Gothenburg is the first of these instruments in
Scandinavia. A nanoSIMS offers μg/g
or better detection limits for most elements, essentially periodic table
coverage, 50 nm imaging and depth profiling capabilities, and isotopic analyses
of major and minor elements on a wide range of materials. The NanoSIMS is
suitable for a wide variety of applications, for example, grain boundary
analysis, characterization of stress corrosion cracking, sub-cellular
drug/peptide imaging and nitrogen fixation studies in bacteria.
Cameca NanoSIMS 50L
The CAMECA NanoSIMS 50L is a unique ion
microprobe optimizing SIMS analysis performance at high lateral
resolution. It is based on a coaxial optical design of the ion gun and
the Secondary ion extraction, and on an original magnetic sector mass
analyzer with multicollection. NanoSIMS 50L
delivers simultaneously several key
performances that can only be obtained individually with any other known
instrument or technique:
- High analysis spatial resolution (down to 50 nanometers)
- High sensitivity (ppm in element imaging),
- High Mass Resolution (M/dM),
- Parallel acquisition of seven masses,
- Fast acquisition (DC mode, not pulsed),
- Analysis of electrically insulating samples without problem.
And thanks to recent improvements, isotope ratio reproducibility of a few tenths of permil can now be achieved.
The industry standard ToFSIMS 5 imaging instrument from IONTOF
is equipped with a bismuth cluster ion gun for sub-micron imaging along
with a Cs/C60 sputter gun for depth profiling of organic and inorganic
The instrument is equipped with a reflectron TOF analyser giving
high secondary ion transmission with high mass resolution, a sample
chamber with a 5-axis manipulator (x, y, z, rotation and tilt) for
flexible navigation, a fast entry load-lock, charge compensation for the
analysis of insulators, a secondary electron detector for SEM imaging, a
state-of-the-art vacuum system, and an extensive computer package for
automation and data handling.
- High imaging resolution with Bi cluster ion source (150 nm)
- Outstanding performance for low energy depth profiling
- Small area depth profiling capabilities
- Unmatched dynamic range and detection limit
- Sophisticated software for ease of operation and data handling
Industry standard MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer with 5 GS/s 10 bit digitizer for enhanced resolution and dynamic range. With a mass resolving power up to 40,000 and 1 ppm mass accuracy and alaser focus down to 10 um the Ultraflextreme allow for highest confidence in protein tissue imaging, intact proteins analysis, glycoproteomics, biologics or oligo QC, polymer analysis.