The D8 Discover is a new, state-of-the-art powder diffractometer from Bruker. It allows for automatic sample switching of reflection and transmission samples, and thin films. We can measure using a Cu and Mo source, and the system is equipped with a large area detector to facilitate PDF studies, fast in-situ experiments and texture analysis. The instrument will arrive at CMAL in early 2021.
For more information please contact Research Engineer Michal Strach
• Cu and Mo tube X-ray source (switchable point and line focus)
• Theta-Theta configuration
• Dectris Eiger R 500K detector
• Available optics: parallel beam Göbel mirror for Cu, focusing Göbel mirror for Mo
• DaVinci concept for easy swapping of components
• Eulerian cradle with xy stage for stress measurements and thin film studies
• Sample changer for up to 90 samples
• Motorized anti-scatter screen
• Laser positioning system
• TOPAS, LEPTOS, TEXTURE and EVA software for data analysis and fitting.
• In-situ cells:
• MRI HT heating/cooling cell (-150°C – 1500°C in two configurations);
• Anton Paar XRK 900 (up to 900°C and 10bar)