Departments' graduate courses
Course start and periodicity may vary. Please see details for each course for up-to-date information. The courses are managed and administered by the respective departments. For more information about the courses, how to sign up, and other practical issues, please contact the examiner or course contact to be found in the course information.
Tire and vehicle dynamics
- Course code: FTME030
- Course higher education credits: 7.5
- Department: MECHANICS AND MARITIME SCIENCES
- Graduate school: Machine and Vehicle Systems
- Course is normally given: Lp3 (preliminary)
- Language: The course will be given in English
- Nordic Five Tech (N5T): This course is free for PhD students from N5T universities
The course aims to extend the student's existing knowledge in vehicle dynamics beyond basic level of first order modeling. The course will revise some tools used in vehicle dynamics such as Euler/Lagrange methods and optimal control. Modeling aspects of different components will also be discussed, with a focus on tires. A practical section of the course will deal with instrumentation and measurement techniques as well as hands on vehicle handling.