How do I apply for doctoral studies at Chalmers?

At Chalmers doctoral students are temporarily employed. To be admitted to doctoral studies, you have to apply for a PhD student position. All vacant PhD student positions at Chalmers are announced and can be found on Vacancies at Chalmers University of Technology. For questions about a specific position please contact the recruiting manager. You will find contact details in the advertisement.

Chalmers does not have any centrally administered doctoral programmes. All doctoral programmes are run by the respective host departments, see the list of all graduate schools. Specific information concerning the various doctoral programmes can be obtained from the director of the graduate school.

For general questions about doctoral studies at Chalmers, please contact

Chalmers Doctoral Students Guild

The Chalmers Board of Graduate Students (DS) is the coordinating mechanism between PhD students at all Chalmers departments. It represents the PhD students’ interests in several key boards and committees at Chalmers. In order to assist PhD students experiencing problems related to their PhD education, DS is offering a neutral and unbound ombudsman, Doktorandombudet (DOMB).

Chalmers Doctoral Students Guild

Page manager Published: Tue 19 Oct 2021.