In order to claim your study place you must be an active student at Chalmers from the first semester that you are admitted to a new programme. After the first semester an assessment is made of all students to ascertain whether this requirement has been fulfilled. In cases where the following requirements have not been fulfilled, an individual assessment is made together with the student to establish whether the study place has been claimed or not.
Being an active student involves fulfilling the following requirements:
1. You must formally accept your offered study place at Chalmers.
You must confirm that you intend to commence your studies in the programme by accepting your offer on time as per the instructions in your Notification of Selection Results via universityadmissions.se. If you decline your offer or fail to respond on time you will lose your study place in the programme to which you have been admitted.
2. You must personally attend the mandatory enrolment session in accordance with the instructions in your Notification of Selection Results.
This applies to students who are admitted to programmes at the advanced level (Master’s programmes) and whose Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) studies were not conducted at Chalmers. Information concerning when and where you should attend the mandatory enrolment session will be published on Chalmers Student Portal. If you do not attend you will lose your study place in the programme to which you have been admitted.
(If you have been admitted to a programme at the advanced level (Master’s programme) and have conducted your Bachelor’s degree studies at Chalmers, paragraph 2 does not apply to you. Such students should follow the instructions in paragraph 3 instead.)
3. You must confirm your offered place via the Student Portal (via the prescribed service).
This applies to students who have been admitted to programmes at the advanced level (Master’s programmes) and who have conducted their Bachelor’s degree studies at Chalmers. Information concerning how and within what time period you must confirm your study place via the Student Portal will be published on the Student Portal. If you do not confirm your offered place within the stipulated time period you will lose your place in the programme.
(If you have been admitted to a programme at the advanced level (Master’s programme) and have not conducted your Bachelor’s degree studies at Chalmers, this paragraph does not apply to you.)
4. You must actively conduct full time studies during the first semester of the programme to which you have been admitted.
Full time studies means being registered in courses comprising at least 30 credits during the first semester.
5. You must complete at least 15 credits with a passing grade, during the first semester, within the programme to which you have been admitted.
If you are admitted to a Master’s programme, the January re-examination session will be considered in this assessment.
6. You must register for the upcoming semester in the programme to which you have been admitted within the time period stipulated by the University1.
7. You must contact the student counselor who is responsible for your programme when you are ill or when other circumstances cause you to be absent for an extended period.
8. You must heed all summons, respond to questions and assimilate information from programme coordinators, student counselors and Chalmers Study Administration.
This entails that you regularly, on a weekly basis, read e-mail sent to your Chalmers e-mail account and that you regularly read the information published on Chalmers Student Portal.
1) An approved leave from studies can be granted after one semester of studies on the programme to which you have been admitted, and is decided on by the responsible student counselor. In order to be granted an approved leave from your studies you must have claimed your study place.
Regulations - Claim your study place
These regulations are an amendment to the revised Appointment regulations of education at Bachelor’s and Master’s level C 2013-1395.
The regulations – Claim your study place – will apply until further notice (new decision) and apply to all new students admitted to the academic year starting autumn semester 2014. The regulations also apply to any former student at Chalmers who will claim a study place at a new education programme at Chalmers.
For further information contact Chalmers Admissions
Telephone: +46(0)31-772 25 90