Architecture and Built Environment disciplines have been taught at European universities for over a century. Still the situation bears many of the characteristics of an emerging field of knowledge: it lacks recognition for specific research outputs; it lacks sufficient research funding; it has only recently started to gain acceptance of design as an academic activity; and the esteem of the doctorate title remains comparatively low. A deeper embedding of Architecture and Built Environment research into higher education institutions, as well as outside academia, has therefore not yet been developed sufficiently.
- Enable exchanges between those involved in education, business, policy-making and research & development in the field;
- Establish partnerships for transnational research and innovation partnerships among higher education institutions, industry partners, professional communities, and local as well as regional authorities;
- Raise awareness of the value of research and entrepreneurship in the field for the wider benefit of the economy, society and cultural life;
- Extend role of research outcomes in the field within the marketplace, i.e. creative industries, construction industry, policy-making bodies, government, public and professional bodies, and make them more relevant to research funding organisations;
- Open knowledge and information exchange between researchers in the field at various different stages of development in their careers, both in academia and in practice;
- Expand innovation culture in the field, including improving research infrastructure (facilities, education programmes, equipment, research centres).
- TU Delft (Akademisk, Netherlands)
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich (ETH) (Akademisk, Switzerland)
- Technische Universität München (Akademisk, Germany)
- University College London (UCL) (Akademisk, United Kingdom)
Projektet är avslutat: 2020-12-31