Graphene Flagship 2D Experimental Pilot Line
The 2D Experimental Pilot Line (2D-EPL) project will establish a European ecosystem for prototype production of Graphene and Related Materials (GRM) based electronics, photonics and sensors. The project will cover the whole value chain including tool manufacturers, chemical and material providers and pilot lines to offer prototyping services to companies, research centers and academics. The 2D-EPL targets to the adoption of GRM integration by commercial semiconductor foundries and integrated device manufacturers through technology transfer and licensing.
The project is built on two pillars. In Pillar 1, the 2D-EPL will offer prototyping services for 150 and 200 mm wafers, based on the current state of the art graphene device manufacturing and integration techniques. This will ensure external users and customers are served by the 2D-EPL early in the project and guarantees the inclusion of their input in the development of the final processes by providing the specifications on required device layouts, materials and device performances. In Pillar 2, the consortium will develop a fully automated process flow on 200 and 300 mm wafers, including the growth and vacuum transfer of single crystalline graphene and TMDCs. The knowledge gained in Pillar 2 will be transferred to Pillar 1 to continuously improve the baseline process provided by the 2D-EPL.
To ensure sustainability of the 2D-EPL service after the project duration, integration with EUROPRACTICE consortium will be prepared. It provides for the European actors a platform to develop smart integrated systems, from advanced prototype design to small volume production. In addition, for the efficiency of the industrial exploitation, an Industrial Advisory Board consisting mainly of leading European semiconductor manufacturers and foundries will closely track and advise the progress of the 2D-EPL. This approach will enable European players to take the lead in this emerging field of technology.
- Graphenea SA (Privat, Spain)
- Aixtron (Privat, United Kingdom)
- Aixtron SE (Privat, Germany)
- Interuniversitair Micro-Electronica Centrum Vzw (Akademisk, Belgium)
- AMO (Privat, Germany)
- Oxford Instruments Limited (Privat, United Kingdom)
- Innovations for High Performance Microelectronics (IHP) (Forskningsinstitut, Germany)
- SUSS MicroTec Lithography GmbH (Privat, Germany)
- micro resist technology Gesellschaft für chemische Materialien spezieller Photoresistsysteme mbH (Privat, Germany)
- Teknologiska forskningscentralen VTT AB (Forskningsinstitut, Finland)
Denna sidan finns endast på svenska
- Europeiska kommissionen (EU) (Offentlig, Belgium)