EONav presents an entirely new concept of combining space-based remote sensing observations which are offered by Copernicus with local maritime ship observations to aid maritime sail planning for fuel, emission and fatigue optimization. High fuel costs, consequences of delays in ship passages, reduction of SO2/CO2/NOx and similar emissions and other constraints are now putting more pressure on the maritime industry. Thus utilizing sea state, sea ice and AIS observations from space-based remote sensing, and particularly from Copernicus, allow the sea masters and planners to integrate more accurate and reliable observations to optimize their sail plan and thereby greatly increase profitability. This project is going to bring Copernicus remote sensing observations into sail planning tools with the objective of very significantly improve sail plan accuracy and reliability.
- Möller Data Workflow Systems (Privat, Sweden)
- Laurin Maritime AB (Privat, Sweden)
- Offshore Navigation Ltd (Privat, Anguilla)
- Color Line Marine AS (Privat, Norway)
- G.M.S. Global Maritime Services Ltd (Privat, United Kingdom)
- O.M. Offshore Monitoring Ltd (Privat, Cyprus)
Projektet är avslutat: 2019-04-30