Development of methodology to communicate environmental damage cost data
Monetary valuation of environmental impacts is increasingly used as a basis for decisions in environmental and sustainability issues. Such data are especially valuable at goal conflicts. Monetary valuations of environmental impacts are easy to use without understanding the many ways they can be calculated and the many perspectives they can represent.
Sweden has, via SIS, made ISO start a work on a framework standard for monetary valuation of environmental impacts from emissions and resource extractions. The aim is to create a common language. We lead this work and intend via this project to ensure that the future standard will be relevant for energy issues. We also participate in other international activities.
The project is carried out through
1) Case studies of energy decisions with sensitivity analyses, to determine which parameters that are most important
2) A study of how different presentations are understood
3) Participation in international harmonization
- IVL Svenska Miljöinstitutet AB (Research Institute, Sweden)
The project is closed: 30/06/2018
This page is only available in english
- Swedish Energy Agency (Public, Sweden)