Tasty and healthy bake-off sourdough bread, baked with innovative technologies
The goal is to create new delicious, healthy bake-off sourdough bread with efficient technology, with focus on identifying and optimizing solutions along the whole chain, from raw material to consumer experience. It includes new raw materials, yeast cultures combined with selected lactic acid bacteria, processing, culture development for increased cryo-tolerance and fermentation, freezing, storage, thawing, proofing, baking and product quality towards an increased systemic and holistic thinking, and commitment to the needs of owners throughout the product chain.
More sales and consumption of bread and healthier lifestyle
Bake-off sourdough bread with new optimized yeast/bacterial cultures provide increased range of healthy breads that meet consumer needs, leading to better health with fewer life-style related diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Less energy and less waste
Better bread quality and energy efficient baking technology ensure lower energy consumption and better flexibility (less waste of bread) in baking. A successful bake-off project leads to better matching between amount of bread produced and amount consumed.
- Jästbolaget (Private, Sweden)
- Korvbrödsbagarn (Private, Sweden)
- ICA Sweden (Private, Sweden)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) (Academic, Sweden)
- Puratos Sweden AB (Private, Sweden)
- SIK – the Swedish Institute for Food and Biotechnology (Public, Sweden)
- Daalderop AB (Private, Sweden)
- Revent (Private, Sweden)
- Lund University (Academic, Sweden)
- Zeelandia AB (Private, Sweden)
- Ircon Drying Systems AB (Private, Sweden)
- Pågen (Private, Sweden)
This page is only available in english
The project is closed: 31/12/2016