QUantum Electronics Science and TECHnology training (QuESTech)
Quantum Electronics provides a challenging and innovative multidisciplinary framework for training young researchers with excellent prospects for a career either in the industry or in academia. In this promising area, the “Quantum Electronics Science and Technology training” project, with acronym QuESTech, will create a European network of experts providing state-of-the-art training for young researchers in the general field of experimental, applied and theoretical Quantum Electronics.
The overarching science and technology goal of our research programme is to build, study, and qualify quantum electronic devices. QuESTech will train 15 ESRs through research in the sub-fields of spintronics, single-electronics, quantum dots, and quantum thermodynamics. The individual research projects will include technological developments in terms of nanomaterials growth, nano-structuring, near-field microscopies, transport measurement under extreme conditions and theoretical calculations. Several QuESTch results are already identified to be of commercial interest for the emerging Quantum Electronics industry.
Systematic secondments will be organised, including for every researcher a secondment of two months to a private sector partner. QuESTech will organise three sessions of the European School On Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies (ESONN) devoted to Quantum Nano-Electronics, combining both theoretical and practical training, and open them to young researchers outside the consortium. By 2021, we aim to have prepared a new generation of young researchers able to address the emergence of “Beyond C-MOS“ nano-electronics.
- Aalto University (Academic, Finland)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zürich (ETH) (Academic, Switzerland)
- University of Konstanz (Academic, Germany)
- Raith GmbH (Private, Germany)
- Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) (Research Institute, France)
- CIC nanoGUNE (Research Institute, Spain)
- University of Leeds (Academic, United Kingdom)
- Graphenea SA (Private, Spain)
This page is only available in english
- European Commission (Horizon 2020) (Public, Belgium)