Long Combination Vehicles (LCVs) are transport efficient, including energy efficient, typically 20% less CO2 per ton*km. In order to allow only the desired variants of LCVs, so called Performance Based Standards (PBS) are introduced.
Research Motivating Problem: There is no legislation allowing long vehicle combinations, EMS+
Envisioned solution: New combination vehicles allowed through good PBS requirements
•What performance based requirements should apply?
•How to assess these through virtual tests?
•Proposal of PBS for Sweden
•Proposal of some LCVs with design envelopes
- Swedish Transport Administration (Public, Sweden)
- Parator Industri (Private, Sweden)
- Scania CV AB (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Group (Private, Sweden)
- Swedish Transport Agency (Public, Sweden)
The project is closed: 30/06/2017