Fixoteket - Neighbourhood mini-recycling and reuse centres
This innovation project aims at generating knowledge on how mini-recycling and reuse centres can work as meetingspaces and teaching centers for the local community. The idea is that people in their own neighbourhood can have the posibility to reuse, repair and creatively remanufacture items, as well as access tool libraries and discard their hazardous waste for recycling.
The project will develop, test and evaluate four neighbourhood mini-recycling and reuse centres, in different bouroughs of Gothenburg. The content for these centres will be collaboratively developed between neighbours, service personel and investors. The project will document this process and generate knowledge that might support establishing such centres by other actors and locations. It is expected that the project will help reduce waste generation volumes from households by offering new sustainable alternatives to consumption.
- Göteborgs stad, Kretslopp och vatten (Public, Sweden)
- Familjebostäder i Göteborg (Public, Sweden)
- City of Gothenburg, District administration East Gothenburg (Public, Sweden)
- Göteborgs stads bostads AB (Public, Sweden)
- The Swedish Union of Tenants (Other, Sweden)
- Göteborgs stad, Angereds stadsdelsförvaltning (Public, Sweden)
- City of Gothenburg, District administration Majorna-Linne (Public, Sweden)
This page is only available in english
- Swedish Energy Agency (Public, Sweden)