Model based condition monitoring of switches and crossings (CHARMEC TS21)
The objective of this project is to develop a model based numerical procedure that can identify the structural condition of switches and crossings (S&C) via embedded sensors. The goal is that the system should be accurate enough such that maintenance decisions can be taken based on output from this routine. The target system can be described as a Digital Twin representation of the physical system, where simulation models, condition monitoring data and maintenance history can be combined to predict and identify the maintenance needs for S&C.
This is a doctoral project. Mr Marko Milosevic is the doctoral student and Dr Björn Pålsson the project leader and supervisor. Professors Jens Nielsen and Håkan Johansson are assistant supervisors.
- Atkins Sverige AB (Private, Sverige)
- voestalpine VAE GmbH (Private, Austria)
- voestalpine Schienen GmbH (Private, Austria)
- Green Cargo AB (Public, Sweden)
- Bombardier Transportation GmbH (Private, Germany)
- Swedish Transport Administration (Public, Sweden)
- Faiveley Transport Nordic AB (Public, Sweden)
- Abetong AB (Private, Sweden)
- SweMaint AB (Private, Sweden)
- SJ AB (Public, Sweden)
- Lucchini Sweden AB (Private, Sweden)
This page is only available in english
- Chalmers Railway Mechanics (CHARMEC) (Centre, Sweden)