Linearization for wireless access in 5G and beyond
Purpose and goal
The overall goal with this project is the development of power amplifier linearization schemes, operating at extreme bandwidth in massive multi-antenna 5G, and beyond, systems Sub-objectives:
* Reduce the complexity of wideband linearization by one order of magnitude compared to contemporary techniques.
* Reduce the complexity of multi-antenna linearization by one order of magnitude compared to contemporary techniques.
* Implement and demonstrate wideband multi-antenna linearization in a testbed, operating in a realistic environment.
Expected results and effects
A successful project will provide solutions that keep Swedish industry ahead in the area of telecommunication. * The focus on linearization, which at its core is probably the single most important technique for energy-efficient base stations, will contribute to sustainable development, energy savings and environment-friendly telecommunication networks. * It keeps Ericsson and Bluetest ahead in telecom through the development and testing of modern efficient base stations * Ericsson´s and Bluetest´s international competitiveness will be strengthened.
Planned approach and implementation
The project is divided into several workpackages: WP1: Fundamental modelling and measurements Characterization of transmitter efficiency and linearity by measurements WP2: Extremely wideband linearization Handling of extremely wideband cases without excessive complexity WP3: Linearization for multi-antenna transmitters Multi-input multi-output linearization avoiding complexity explosion WP4: Over-the-Air Evaluation Observation and calibration of the transmitters through over-the-air measurements WP5: Dissemination and demonstration Testbed implementation
- Ericsson AB (Private, Sweden)
- Bluetest (Private, Sweden)
This page is only available in english