Leadership and organizational model for innovative, efficient and socially sustainable production teams
Purpose and goal: The purpose is to adapt, implement and evaluate a leadership and organizational model for production teams, in order to achieve high innovation capability and organizational learning, with economic and social sustainability. The operators are given the opportunity to own and be responsible for the development and improvement of their process through a deeper competence in areas that are essential for the production teams´ production. The goal is to increase the knowledge about organizing and leading production teams for innovation, efficiency and a good working environment.
Expected results and effects: Expected results are increased understanding of:
- how the leadership behavior of first-line managers impact production team performance, innovation capability and social sustainability
- innovation capability for production teams in Sweden
- perceptions of operators and first-line managers, in Swedish production environments, about motivation, leadership, social and organizational work environment - how the context impact the adaption of leadership and organizational model for the companies
- how leadership and organizational learning are affected by the interventions
Approach and implementation: The project can be divided into three main phases: the current situation, intervention and evaluation phase. In the first phase, a qualitative and quantitative analysis is carried out in the companies. In the intervention phase, the leadership and organizational model is adapted to the context and then implemented and tested, in selected pilots. In the evaluation phase, the researchers analyze the effects in the various pilot groups, in order to further develop the model and enabling the results to be more widely disseminated.
- University of Gothenburg (Academic, Sweden)
- Automotive Components Floby AB (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Group (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Cars (Private, Sweden)
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (Research Institute, Sweden)
- Falks Metall AB (Private, Sweden)
This page is only available in english