This project is jointly funded by Swedish Innovation Agency - Vinnova and Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology. The consortium is led by Chalmers University of Technology, and partners includes RISE Viktoria, VTI, Uppsala University, Medfields, WSP AB, H&E Solutions, FellowBot, Southeast Unviersity, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Ministry of Public Security Transport Management Research Institute.
The total budget for this project is approximately 20 million SEK including public funding and matchup funding for both countries. Emergency management (EM), which is strategic to approach the vision of zero death, needs efficient cooperation among multiple stakeholders including medical services, public safety answering point (PSAP, or SOS), police departments, infrastructure planners, and traffic operators. The current disaggregated practice of EM in both China and Sweden is in high need of improvement. In this joint proposal, we intend to develop a holistic and integrated EM system that is able to take into account pre-hospital screening, hospital selection, EV optimal routing, intelligent infrastructure adaptation, traffic flow control and congestion management, V2X communication, and system integration. This project is in collaboration with a Chinese team led by Changjiang Chair Professor Wei Wang. The Swedish team includes four research institutions (Chalmers: traffic flow control; RISE: system integration; Uppsala: optimal routing; and VTI: traffic safety and EM), and four industry partners (Medfield diagnostics AB: to develop the equipment of pre-hospital fast evaluation; H&E Solutions: to develop in-vehicle equipment for V2X communication; WSPAB: intelligent infrastructure and service provider; FellowBot AB: EV location planning). The market and social potentials of this proposed research are immense. By improving the current practice of emergency management, thousands of lives can be saved and ultimate goal of zero death becomes more realistic. The developed technologies and equipment can also be used by other areas related to emergency management such as evacuation and disaster response.
- Medfield Diagnostics (Private, Sweden)
- Ministry of Public Security Traffic Management Science Research Institute (Public, China)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Academic, China)
- WSP Sverige (Private, Sweden)
- FellowBot AB (Private, Sweden)
- Southeast University (Academic, China)
- Shanghai University (Academic, China)
- The Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI) (Research Institute, Sweden)
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (Research Institute, Sweden)
- Uppsala University (Academic, Sweden)
- H&E Solutions (Private, Sweden)