High Performance and Embedded Architecture and Compilation (HiPEAC5)
HiPEAC is a coordination and support action (CSA) that aims to structure and connect the European academic and industrial research and innovation communities in computing systems (i) by increasing the industrial membership, (ii) by integrating the European innovation community, (iii) by organising activities to connect the research and innovation communities, (iv) by stimulating collaborations, (v) by producing a vision document on the future of computing systems in Europe, and (vi) by professionally disseminating the research outcomes in and beyond the European computing systems community.
The HiPEAC CSA is meant to be the continuation of four successful networks with the same name (HiPEAC1-4). HiPEAC will leverage the existing community, the expertise and the set of instruments that were developed since 2004 and work on the following objectives: structuring and connecting the European computing systems community, cross-sectorial industrial platform-building, constituency building and consultations, clustering of related research and innovation projects, and road-mapping for future research and innovation agendas.
The overall approach of the HiPEAC CSA is that it wants to bring together all actors and stakeholders in the computing systems community in Europe – especially EU-funded projects, SMEs and the innovation community – in one well-managed structure where they can interact, disseminate/share information, transfer knowledge/technology, exchange human resources, think about future challenges, experiment with ideas to strengthen the community, etc.
The HiPEAC CSA will support its members and projects with tasks that are too difficult/complex to carry out individually: vision building, professional communications, recruitment, event management at the European level. By offering such services, a burden is taken away from the projects and members. They can then focus on the content, and the impact of their efforts is amplified.
- RWTH Aachen University (Academic, Germany)
- Ghent university (Academic, Belgium)
- The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA) (Research Institute, France)
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique (INRIA) (Research Institute, France)
- University of Pisa (Academic, Italy)
- Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH) (Research Institute, Greece)
- Artemis Industry Association IA (Private, Netherlands)
- University of Edinburgh (Academic, United Kingdom)
- ARM Limited (Private, United Kingdom)
- Asociacion de Empresas Tecnologicas Innovalia Bilbao (Research Institute, Spain)
- Thales Group (Private, France)
The project is closed: 29/02/2020
This page is only available in english
- European Commission (Horizon 2020) (Public, Belgium)