Increased knowledge is needed about efficient design and control of automation in food management systems. FACTS aims to support the design and control of high performance automated material handling systems with high flexibility. This helps Swedish industry to reach the improvement potential that automation enables. Kitting and transport are emphasized, but the interfaces against bearings and assembly are also very important parts of the project. FACTS mainly contribute to the goals of support resource efficient and competitive production. The project supports economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
The project consortium includes a comprehensive collection of parties, including vendors and users of automated solutions,
as well as two academic parties with complementary skills. FACTS is based mainly on empirical studies and includes 6 work packages that together help achieve the project's purpose.
- Schunk (Private, Sweden)
- Schenker (Private, Sweden)
- ABB (Private, Switzerland)
- Virtual Manufacturing Sweden AB (Private, Sweden)
- Väderstad AB (Private, Sweden)
- Flexlink AB (Private, Sweden)
- Scania CV AB (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Group (Private, Sweden)
- CEJN AB (Private, Sweden)
The project is closed: 31/10/2022