Research Motivating Problem:
Transient disturbance may cause safety critical situations. Two problems for passenger vehicles are studied:
- Aerodynamic disturbance while overtaking a large vehicle.
- Disturbances from a 1st impact, affecting the post impact motion and the risk for secondary events.
Driving simulator is used as the primary tool in this project.
- How does the driver react to, and how safety critical is, the aerodynamic disturbance while overtaking a large vehicle cause safety?
- How does the driver react to a 1st impact, and how much does an automatic motion control reduce the risk for secondary events?
- 1 VehDyn PostDoc (+2 PostDocs, at Fluid Dynamics and Human Factors)
- Vehicle models for aerodynamic disturbances and violent post‐impact motion