Architecture for EurOpean Logistics Information eXchange (AEOLIX)
Supply chain visibility supported by easy access to, and exchange and use of relevant and abundant logistics-related information is an important prerequisite for the deployment of pan-European logistics solutions that are needed to increase efficiency and productivity, and to reduce environmental impact. Although there is a proliferative development of logistics-related data stores, information channels, information management systems and data mining facilities, with both international and intermodal focus, this multitude of solutions exhibits a high degree of fragmentation, due to differences in user requirements, data models, system specification and business models. This legacy situation severely hampers the optimal use of logistics-related information.
To overcome this fragmentation and lack of connectivity of ICT-based information systems for logistics decision making, AEOLIX will establish a cloud-based collaborative logistics ecosystem for configuring and managing (logistics-related) information pipelines. This digital business ecosystem will create visibility across the supply chain, enabling more sustainable and efficient transport of goods cross Europe. An essential element of the approach is to ensure that for logistics actors connecting to and using the ecosystem in undemanding and has a low level of complexity. We envision the ecosystem enabling the integration of supply-chain-related transport business processes through logistics software solutions for cloud-based connectivity and interaction, in order to support more efficient collaboration in the logistics supply chain than exists today.
By enabling low-complexity and low cost connectivity of local ICT platforms and systems and thereby scalable, trusted and secure exchange of information, AEOLIX will improve the overall competitiveness of goods transport in the supply chain, while simultaneously targeting sustainability from environmental, economic and social perspectives.
- Geoloc Systems (Private, France)
- Fundacion para la Promocion de la Innovacion, Investigacion y Desarrollo Tecnologico en la Industria de Automocion de Galicia (Private, Spain)
- Via Donau – Österreichische Wasserstraßen-Gesellschaft mbH (Private, Austria)
- Samer & Co. Shipping (Private, Italy)
- Terminal Intermodale di Trieste - Fernetti Spa (Private, Italy)
- Kuehne+Nagel Societe Anonyme for Transports & Logistics (Private, Greece)
- Emporiko Kai Viomichaniko Epimelitirio Thessalonikis (Private, Greece)
- Syndesmos Exagogeon Voriou Ellados (Private, Greece)
- House of Logistics & Mobility (HOLM) GMBH (Private, Germany)
- Fundación Cluster de Empresas de Automoción de Galicia (Public, Spain)
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) (Public, Greece)
- T-systems International GMBH (Private, Germany)
- Unilever U.K. Central Resources Ltd (Private, United Kingdom)
- Consorzio Interuniversitario Per l’Ottimizzazione e la Ricerca Operativa (ICOOR) (Research Institute, Italy)
- Stichting Connekt (Private, Netherlands)
- Centre d'études et d'expertise sur les risques, l'environnement, la mobilité et l'aménagement (Public, France)
- TX Logistik AG (TXL) (Private, Germany)
- Novacom Services SA (Private, France)
- Giventis International BV (Private, Netherlands)
- NTEX AB (Private, Sweden)
- PTV Planung Transport Verkehr AG (Private, Germany)
- J.A.M. de Rijk B.V. (Private, Netherlands)
- Atos Spain (Private, Spain)
- Hamburg Port Authority AöR (HPA) (Public, Germany)
- Ihorks Shipping and Trading srl (Private, Romania)
- Coop Logistic AB (Private, Sweden)
- Teamnet World Professional Services (Private, Romania)
- AustriaTech (Research Institute, Austria)
- Stichting Smart Freight Centre (Private, Netherlands)
- Mondelez European Business Services Centre s.r.o. (Private, Slovakia)
- IRU Projects ASBL (Non Profit, Belgium)
- University of Northampton (Academic, United Kingdom)
The project is closed: 31/08/2019
This page is only available in english
Senior Lecturer, Technology Management and Economics
Per-Olof Arnäs ia a Senior Lecturer at the Division of Service Management and Logistics.
Post-doc at the division of Design & Human Factors, Department of Industrial and Material Science
Asif Akram focuses his research on the role of digital products and services in creating value in networked environments. He applies a user-centered approach within living lab milieu to explore the...
Associate professor, Technology Management and Economics
Dan Andersson is an Associate Professor within Logistics and Transport, and Head of Unit at the Division of Service Management and Logistics. His research has been focused on third party logistics...
Adjunct professor in HMI (Human Machine Interaction) at the division of Design & Human Factors, Department of Industrial and Materials Science
Stig Franzén holds a PhD in Transportation and Logistics, with a scientific background in Electrical and Systems Engineering, Learning Psychology and Human Factors Engineering. His main area of...
Professor and Head of Division for Design & Human Factors, Department of Industrial and Materials Science
MariAnne Karlsson’s research aims to develop knowledge on the multi-dimensional relationship between people and technical artifacts. Central themes include methodology for eliciting user requirements...
Associate Professor, Technology Management and Economics
Gunnar Stefansson is an Associate Professor at the Division of Service Management and Logistics and his research focuses on logistics and transportation management, collaboration between partners in...
PhD student, Division of Design & Human Factors, Department of Industrial and Materials Science
Linda is a PhD candidate in the areas of Human-Technology-Design and Intelligent Transport Systems. Her research investigates the interaction between multi-disciplinary actors and their work systems...
Doctoral student at Dept of Technology management and economics
Doctoral student at the Department of Technology management and economics, division Service management and logistics
- European Commission (EC) (Public, Belgium)