The aim is to develop effective methods for quality verification regarding geometry variations in body in white (BIW). The project will develop methods and tools for automated in-line inspection and adjustment regarding geometry variations BIW as well as methods and models for automatic analysis of geometry variations to minimize process disturbances caused by geometry variations.
With stable production processes we will reduce material consumption and energy use in manufacturing processes by reducing waste volume and reduced adjustment needs. Moreover, the quality will increase, leading to improved competitiveness for Swedish products and Swedish industry.
- Carl Zeiss (Private, Sweden)
- Mälardalens högskola (Academic, Sweden)
- Fraunhofer-Chalmers Centre (Research Institute, Sweden)
- Delfoi Sweden (Private, Sweden)
- BoxJoint AB (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Cars (Private, Sweden)
The project is closed: 31/12/2015