Active Converter Dolly testing
Syfte och mål: Verified improvements of vehicle combination performance in low and high speed. Verification of the active dolly itself, as a platform for further research and development. Förväntade effekter och resultat: The tests will serve as base for several international publications. The work is important for both truck OEMs, e.g. Volvo GTT and Scania, as well as trailer/dolly OEMs, e.g. Parator and VM Trailer.
Research Motivating Problem:
• Chalmers have no full-scale experiment platform for long truck combinations with distributed actuation
• Actuated dolly as an enabler for long High Capacity Transports
•Which are the requirements on actuator and its integration with respect to actuator performance, sizing, packaging, signal interface, sensors, etc?
•One active dolly experiment platform & Demonstration
•1 VehDyn PostDoc
•(Synergies with Revere, GCDC, S2’s IPBS project and ODP project)
Low speed tests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVnp9x6UCk
The project is closed: 31/12/2016
This page is only available in english
- SAFER - Vehicle and Traffic Safety Centre (Centre, Sweden)
- VINNOVA (Public, Sweden)
- Parator Industri (Private, Sweden)
- Volvo Group (Private, Sweden)