Onsala Space Observatory staff and instruments are involved in education at all levels from bachelor to graduate studies at Chalmers, and through organised schools. The regular university courses OSO is involved in are given by our host department Space, Earth and Environment at Chalmers. The department offers, together with other departments at Chalmers, two two-years master's programmes related to the activities at OSO:
- Wireless, photonics and space engineering
- Physics (including astronomy; replaces earlier programme Physics and astronomy)
More information about education can be found on Chalmers' web:
- Education at Department of Space, Earth and Environment
- Education at Chalmers
- Master's studies at Chalmers
- Master's programme in Physics
- Master's programme in Wireless, photonics and space engineering
- Doctoral studies at Department of Space, Earth and Environment
- Chalmers Astronomy & Astrophysics PhD Program
SALSA-Onsala ("Such A Lovely Small Antenna") are 2.3 m diameter radio telescopes built at Onsala Space Observatory to introduce pupils, students and teachers to the marvels of radio astronomy. More information about SALSA.
For information about public engagement, schools and outreach, see Public engagement and schools.