Collaboration and interaction with industry is an important part of the activities at the Department of Microtechnology and Nanoscience - MC2. MC2 is therefore constantly seeking for new strategic alliances with industrial partners where a matching between our research and industrial needs can be identified.
Industrial collaboration is an integral and important factor in many of our projects.
Our industrial collaboration follows several different models:
- Industrial PhD students and adjunct research staff
- Collaborative research, co-financed by industry, Chalmers and public funding agencies
- Creation of spin-off companies, based on our research results
- Industrially funded research
- Sales of service, consultancy and access to our research infrastructures
- Various forms of in-kind collaboration
The images shows the spaceprobe Mars Express, with the purpose to search for water below the surface of Mars and disembark a robot for the sampling of the surface of Mars. Image courtesy of ESA.
Read more about this research at this link.