Welcome to the WACQT kick off, 13-14th March.
Venue: Chalmers University of Technology, Department of Microtechnology and Nanoscience/MC2, Kemivägen 9. Map of Campus Johanneberg The participation is by invitation only.
Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
13th March 2018
10.30 Registration and coffee @MC2 entrance and Canyon
Welcome, Per Delsing
13.00 Lunch @Canyon
- WACQT - Wallenberg Centre for Quantum Technology, Per Delsing
- Grad School, Göran Johansson
- Guest Programme, Göran Wendin
- QT Flagship, QSA, CSA, QuantERA, Göran Wendin
- Quantum communication
- Quantum Communication, Gunnar Björk
- Some recent developments in Quantum Key Distribution, Xavier Guilherme
- Quantum sensing
- Quantum Sensing, Stefan Kröll
- Mechanical Quantum Devices for Sensing, Witlef Wieczorek
- Quantum computing and algorithms
- Noise and loss from the dielectric environment of planar superconducting circuits, Jonathan Burnett
- Does my quantum computer work and what can it do for me?, Göran Johansson
- Theory of quantum computation with Continous-Variables, Giulia Ferrini
16.00 Coffee @MC2 entrance
16.30 @MC2 entrance
Posters, ad hoc topical workshops and mingling
18.30 Dinner @Canyon
14th March 201809.00 @Kollektorn
WACQT community building. Discussion of following questions in mixed groups
Main question: How to create a strong Quantum Technology Community in Sweden?
Obvious tools: Graduate School and Guest Researcher Program
- What courses should the graduate school develop?
- In addition to the students funded by WACQT we could also include other interested PhD students in the graduate school. What rules and selection criteria should we have in that case?
- In what constellations should we arrange joint conferences, longer programs, summer schools, winter schools etc?
- How do we best make use of the guest researcher program to strengthen our community?
- What other activities should the graduate school offer? (Study trips, internships, etc.)
WACQT Board Meeting
10.30 Coffee @Canyon
WACQT community building. Discussion in mixed groups of the following questions:
- What are the best ways to engage our industrial friends in Quantum Technology on a national level?
- What is currently missing in WACQT? Any current strong QT effort in Sweden?
- Any rising trends worldwide where we e.g. want to see recruitment of future Assistant Professors?
WACQT Board Meeting. 12.00-12.30 incl WACQT PIs
13.00 Lunch @Canyon
Industry partnership offer
16.00 Coffee @Canyon
End of conference